AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez guide plus - 250 - 500 - ez steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

luxford
Posted 1/3/2009 19:08 (#556285)
Subject: ez guide plus - 250 - 500 - ez steer

Mid North, South Australia, australia
Have a couple of questions perhaps someone can help me with.
I currently have a guidance system that doubles as my spray controller (topcon/kee x15 running beacon and sometimes omnistar) i would love to Autosteer it however the cost of prosteer is prohibitive. i run a JCB fastrac as my sprayunit - which has a steering set up more like a truck than a tractor - so there is an extra expense there if i was using prosteer, also i would like to swap to my combine during harvest.
i have decided - because i dont want to do away with the X15, the best way to go would be to get an ez-steer and run both.
(i did see a post on here where someone made a steer kit for an x20 - if anyone has any details on that i would love to know more on that)

My question (or rather questions) are.
1. has anyone noticed any major improvements running either a 250 or 500 with T2 steer, over a ez guide plus with steer (no T2)

now this is probably the corker!, since the 3 trimble products have differnt options for what receivers can be run.
2. what is my best option???
a)buy a ez-guide plus/steer, and use the X15 and its receiver to send the gps to the ez-guide.
b) buy a ez-guide 500/steer, and use the ez-guide 500 receiver to send the gps to the X15? - if it can be done (i am fairly sure it can).
- it might sound like a bit of a circus running both in the cab, however one advantage would be that i can leave the x15 in the spray unit, and just put the 500 in the combine for harvest (and send the gps to the yield monitor instead).

and one more question.. anyone using UC4 or topcons boom height controller? can you get extra sensors for the UC4? - ever see anything like that secondhand.? still expensive to fit? in Australia it doesnt seem to be too expensive to option on a new boom, however they want a fair bit more to buy it aftermarket to fit to an existing boom? - i run a Flexicoil 67xl is hill country so always on the joystick raising wings etc.

thanks for you help.
cheers
james
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)