AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS Receiver to Rear Axle centerline measurement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Reese
Posted 4/11/2018 09:30 (#6702566)
Subject: GPS Receiver to Rear Axle centerline measurement

Cedar Bluff, AL
Im having trouble finding the GPS Receiver in front of Rear Axle centerline measurement. I measured from the center of GPS receiver to the center of the hole in my draw bar (Hitch) 88.5 inches. Then I measured from the center of my Rear Axle Housing, to the center of the hole in my draw bar (Hitch) 42 inches. If I take the differnce between those 2 measurements 88.5 - 42 = 46.5. Shouldn't that be the correct distance from the center of the GPS receiver distance for the "in front of the centerline of the rear axle" measurment. Provided my measurements are correct. Am I looking at this the correct way.
I tried to measure it another way from the centerline of the axle to the hitch 42". And then from the center of GPS receiver to the centerline of the axle 41.5" (had to guess at centerline for rear axle on top of the cab). No good way to find the centerline. And then the overall distance from the GPS receiver to the hitch 88.5". I kept coming up with a 5 inch differential in my measurements using this method. (41.5 verses 46.5). Compared to the 1st method of the overall measurement of 88.5 inches (-) the axle to hitch measurement of 42 inches = 46.5. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)