AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intellislope on Iowa CORS RTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BigCAT79
Posted 1/2/2009 10:12 (#554679)
Subject: Intellislope on Iowa CORS RTK

This upcoming spring we are planning to put the intellislope system on our tile plow and utilize the Iowa CORS network and am wondering which route to go as far as receiving the CORS signal. We currently have an Ez Guide Plus and 500 both with Ez Steer and an Insight. I would like to use the CORS RTK in all applications possible.

Option 1

Upgrade the Ez Guide 500 to RTK and purchase the Intime connection software. This would allow me to have an RTK correction for the steering then be able to export and RTK correction to the Intellislope system or to the Insight...

Option 2

Purchase a 252 receiver and get it unlocked for RTK, also with the Intime software, then use it as an external receiver for the Ez Guide Plus and 500, use it as the receiver for the Insight and Intellislope system.

I first off wanted to unlock the 500 for RTK and go with option one since we alrady own the 500 it would be a little cheaper, then got to thinking that the Intellislope system requires the antenna on the plow itself... This wouldn't be an option with the 500.. Then got me to thinking about the CORS network... I'm still kinda new on the CORS stuff but wouldn't the phone with the data plan 'act' as your antenna? I thought about trying to put an antenna offset in the 500 to make the intellislope system think there was an antenna on the plow but figure that idea is pretty unrealistic due to the inaccuracy. So now I'm down to option 2 unless anyone else has any different ideas...

Although with option two and the intellislope system, I would mount the 252 on the tile plow itself then have the phone in the cab which would need to send the signal back to the receiver that is on the plow itself, then the receiver would send the message back to the intellislope controller in the cab... Now is the actual postion going to the intellislope system going to come from the phone's location in the cab or the receivers location on the plow? I think I might be over thinking it but just not sure with the CORS how it would work for the actual location.

I need to talk to Denny again about the Intelislope system and see what his thoughts are or maybe he will see this on here but any ideas would be appreciated...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)