AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dual rate application
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NcNuts
Posted 2/13/2018 15:45 (#6575527)
Subject: dual rate application

Eastern, NC
Currently setting up two new john deere 1725 stack and fold planters. We are going to be applying a starter product and also spraying behind planter with herbicide. Previously we have been running an electric motor with pwm running it through a microtrak on one of our 1790's and a raven 440 on our other work good for the starter by itself however we had no agitation which we didn't need because we were running a single product. With this new planter setup we would like agitation in both the starter tanks and the tank caring the herbicide. My question is what would be the best setup for this? I want to keep it neat looking and user friendly. I also do not want to clutter up cab with no more than I have to. Are there any other companies that make a dual rate controller besides the micro trak dual rate king? I am running 2630 deere displays so I know I could go with a deere rate controller but not familiar with it as far as setup or really any of the isomod type controllers. I was thinking of running hydraulic pumps with pwm valve from there thru a flow meter and then into a three way ball valve so when planter flow was shutoff it would then divert flow back into tank for agitation. What are some ideas anyone might have or might be running?

Edited by NcNuts 2/13/2018 15:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)