AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gift of chocolate, meh not that great plus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chris
Posted 12/31/2017 11:03 (#6466758)
Subject: Gift of chocolate, meh not that great plus

East central Iowa

I saw a company up in Algona that had specialty chocolates.  My wife doesn't eat a lot of candy but these were really pretty and I thought the small gift package would be perfect as it also contained fudge and caramel pop corn.

It was through the roof expensive as far as I'm concerned but it's Christmas and she's worth it.

She loved the caramel pop corn, gave it an A.  The artisan candies get a C for flavor and a B for looks.  The fudge wasn't what was shown in the picture.  It was some kind of speckled cream colored stuff rather than the rich chocolate pictured.  It gets a D for flavor.

All in all I would rather have a Hershey bar or a Dove candy for flavor and as far as the fudge goes I think you should send what's in the picture.  I contacted them and they said "Next time you order, if you have a favorite flavor of truffle, or a certain fudge you are in love with, just let us know in your comments section upon check-out, and we’ll do our absolute best to meet your request!"

As if there will be a next time.  If you have choices they should be listed and trying to meet a request doesn't sound encouraging.

Over all they get a C- for a $41 package that might be worth less than a quarter of that.

(gift.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gift.jpg (162KB - 186 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)