AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making pivot boundary for Insight and Tru-Count clutches for planting season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/15/2008 16:11 (#535425)
Subject: Making pivot boundary for Insight and Tru-Count clutches for planting season

Note: This will be done with RTK so making boundaries like I'm wanting to do should be possible from an accuracy standpoint.

I'm trying to imagine how I can create a boundary that when crossed will cause our planter to quit planting. The scenario in question does not allow for us to make a "headland" pass to establish a boundary. We want to turn around in the corners of the field rather than on the circle that is under pivot irrigation.

The ideal way to do this would be for us to mark the center of the pivot with our GPS, put that into a program and tell it the length of the pivot so that the software could create a boundary based on the center and the length of the pivot. We would then import this boundary into the Insight.

The second part would be more difficult. I would like to leave a gap wide enough to run a four wheeler between the corn under the center pivot and the corn in the dryland corners. I am considering creating a boundary for the corners in some way that is just say maybe 5 feet further out than the boundary of the center pivot. I would complete the boundary by drivint the other 2 sides of each corner with the four wheeler and then I would somehow need to combine the boundaries into one field. I guess the way I'm feeling is that I'll probably need some decent software to make this happen but if anyone has some free methods to make our TruCount clutches do this, I'd be interested in that as well. Thanks.

Edit: Here is the pattern I would plan on running. The red line represents where the four wheeler would run between the circle and the corners.

Edited by dpilot83 12/15/2008 17:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)