AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some help with a hydraulic problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cnj4bucks
Posted 12/13/2017 14:06 (#6426475)
Subject: Need some help with a hydraulic problem

central ohio
I have a Case 1840 uniloader that I have attached a limbinator pole saw on. I bought the limbinator from a fellow NAT member in the classifieds. I have tried it on three separate days and I keep running into the same problem. It runs great for about the first 10-15 minutes and then it seems to lose all its power. The limbinator is designed to start after you set the bar down on the limb you are trying to cut. But when I do that after 15 minutes I don’t have enough power to get the chain to start. If I start the saw before I put the bar down it binds up almost immediately.

I replaced the hydraulic pump three years ago and oil last year. The 1840 uses 10 W 30 oil plus HTO additive for the hydraulics. All other hydraulic functions seem to be working normally.

I spoke with mechanic at Case IH dealer. I asked if the auxiliary valve had a relief valve built into it. He said no. Told me to check that valve pin has full throw distance, which it does. I asked if it had better flow going one direction through valve or the other. He didn’t think so but said to go ahead and switch the hookups. That made no difference.

I spoke to someone at the limbinator manufacture. His only thought was that the motor could have scoring in it that is allowing oil to bypass the impeller. I am not too keen on buying a new hydraulic motor so I thought I would ask here first.

I have had pioneer ends go bad before but that wouldn’t explain why it works well for the first 10-15 and then start to give me problems.

The only thing that makes sense to me is the change in the viscosity of the oil. I am in Ohio and it has been in the mid to high 20s when I am doing this so the oil is probably still cold and thick for that first 10-15 minutes. But I have no idea what to do about it.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Jeff

Edited by cnj4bucks 12/13/2017 15:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)