AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just looked over "Todays Activites" From below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kingbaby
Posted 11/18/2017 10:45 (#6372932)
Subject: Just looked over "Todays Activites" From below

Greencastle, Pa.
Have not seen much about turkeys or there growers on here lately,so was good to see. Have been raising turkeys 25+ years now,started with "Round Hill Foods" in New Oxford,Pa. in 1992, they sold to Wampler-Longacre out of Harrisonburg, Va. in 1994. They in turn sold to Pilgrims Pride Co. in 2001 [bunch of pricks] In 2006 a group of growers broke away from Pilgrims and started a small C0.-Op. and sold our birds to Cargill Turkey Prod. out of Harrisionburg,Va. In 2011 Cargill dropped the Co.Op. and took-on three growers [us and two others] in south-central Franklin Co. Pa. along the I-81 area. As for my-self "Cargill Turky" has treated us very well and we like growing for them. To start with in 94 we built a 215ft. brooder and a 520ft. grow-out barn,in 96 we added 200ft. to the brooder and built another 520ft grow-out. Last year we "gifted" 1/3 of the operation to our Son Jim Jr. and formed an LLC. On Nov. 15th. 2016 we broke ground on a "new" 63ft X 704ft. mega-barn. We now set 67,000 medium hens [16-18lbs] every 16 weeks. They go out at 12 weeks on the dot. My ? is how many growers post on here,who do you grow for, how are you treated by them,how many barns do you have, what mix of birds what market wt. and how long do you have them ???? Turkeys have been "Very" good for us. Below are
some photo's of our "Old" barns. We did a total rebuild on the old barns at the same time as we built the "New" barn. First Photo's are of "re-build and the last are of the building of the new barn. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Kingbaby" Well it seems that I have "hit a wall" at up-loading photo's

Edited by Kingbaby 11/18/2017 15:42

(210.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 210.JPG (127KB - 94 downloads)
Attachments (0KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments (0KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments (0KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)