AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another SMS question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

glfarms
Posted 11/5/2017 20:15 (#6348068)
Subject: Another SMS question

Nebraska
I have owned and used SMS to print my yield map for years but have not used it for anything else. I now want to use it to separate the bushels on my irrigated 1/4's for the corners and the pivot. In the past my seed dealer used the John Deere software to do this. WE set up the 1/4's boundary and made an irrigated/dryland corners practice map based on the center point gps coordinates and the wetted diameter of the pivot. We would first do a post season bushel adjustment for the field to get the total bu to match exactly the actual weighed field bu. He then would overlay the practice map and his software would give us the bushels for each. I am lost on where to start with SMS. I have the basic version of SMS. Do I need the Advanced to do this? With the federal crop insurance allowing us to choose different coverage based on dryland/irrigated practice I need to split the bu. My seed dealer is moving on and I need to do this my self. Any help is greatly appreciated. I think I may need to go to one of their training classes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)