AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Estes RPR concave question - disruptors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 10/19/2017 23:30 (#6317188)
Subject: Estes RPR concave question - disruptors

Fontanelle, IA
I have a question for 8430deere and others with RPR conclaves with disruptors. I am trying to cut soybeans that range from short to tall, 25-70 bpa, 10 - 16 percent moisture. My sample in tank is just not good. Mostly parts of threshed pods with 1 to 1.5 in pieces of stem.

In 9670 with 630f head, I seem to only run be able to run 3.5 to 4 mph. 2 Cover plates in 1St concave and open. All disruptors in back 3 grates. Rotor in low range between 450 to 580, concave 13 to 23, fan 1000 to 1050, Chaffer 11 to 17, sieve 6-9. It doesn't seem to make any difference - sample is bad looking (but somehow only 1 percent FM)? Other thing I notice on kill-stall is that the angular center section of the grain pan immediately below the back 2 separation grates is always full/mounded up with ground up pods and a few beans? The outer 2 sections to the sides of this center section have maybe 30-40 percent of material as the center section? Is this normal?

Should I pull out some of the disruptors so that stems leave rotor area quicker and not get ground up? Which ones do you pull out? Planning to run even more fan speed tomorrow as others have suggested. Many thanks to everyone's experienced advice.

Bart
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)