AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze edge vac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kml8159
Posted 9/27/2017 22:46 (#6275184)
Subject: Kinze edge vac

Forgive my ignorance, just starting to learn about vacuum planters (all I have ever ran was a 7000 series JD mechanical)

I recently purchased a used Kinze 3600 12/23 edgevac. I have been reading quite a bit on this site, and it appears that many are not happy with the Edgevac meters and have converted to PP or 4000 series. I work a full time job and farm on this side, so ease of operation is very important to me. That being said, I like the looks of both the VSET and 4000 series meters, it appears that they handle multiple seed sizes without having to really tinker and dial it in. Is this accurate? I believe from the looks of the Vset you have to modify the Kinze hopper or purchase a new one. It appears from the 4000 series Kinze meter you do not, just change the chain and possibly a sprocket. I will probably call Kinze and price a 4000 series tomorrow as well as call PP and price a VSET, but do you all have any suggestions or pitfalls that I should avoid? Is it worth tinkering with the Edgevac to see how it responds or just switch from the start? My tractor has about 29 gpm of hydraulic capacity and believe that the meter really wont change the demand on the vacuum system but could be mistaken.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)