AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Damn, they have found us and I don't think they are going to leave!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/20/2017 03:54 (#6258719)
Subject: Damn, they have found us and I don't think they are going to leave!

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Well the movie industry is alive and well in Utah, as a lot of you know Utah has a lot of scenic landscapes. Utah has had quite a film industry for a while, but there has been a resent surge in western type movies being filmed. Our one ranch is located just east of Park City, UT. where a lot of filming is taking place. But they have branched out into the county for more shooting of films. They just got done filming a one that has hit the screens called "Wind River"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5362988/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7

My wife and I was able to have a date night a few weeks ago and was able to go see it. It was enjoyable to see the film and I could pick out a lot of the scenery it was filmed in. From seeing my old high school math teachers home to the court house to roads and mountains I used to run a lot. I spent a lot of time in that area, until I went to college after spending a short stint in the oil field after high school. Best thing I ever did was go to work in the oil patch for a dirt contractor right out of high school after putting up my dad's hay for him. Well the owner of that company was a self made man. He worked my butt long hours, paid well but me being a kid spent it all in the bars in Wyo. Greatest lesson I ever got, it made me want to go to college and get a degree so I didn't have to work those long hard hours! Just a little side note, this dirt contractor had a son by the name of Tony Gary. Some of you guys, probably more women would know the name. He was Luke on the soap opera on T.V. called General Hospital. It was Luke & Laura they were a hit in the soap opera time era. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_and_Laura I just got to hand it to the man that drove me to college, thus in turn I made it into the agricultural equipment business during college and after. Thus giving me the background to get deeper into farming and ranching.

So anyway I've got off track here. But dad called me a week ago and said the movie company was wanting to rent our hay fields to park trailers, vehicles while filming up the road from us. He asked me my thoughts, I told him to rent to them as they won't hurt enough pasture and I won't have cattle there for at least 40+ days. I was glad to hear my buddy was able to rent his place to them to park travel trailers for them to stay in while filming. The other two neighbors they are filming on. We all are getting a piece of the pie. This movie is a T.V. series called "Yellowstone" which will have Kevin Costner in it. https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45852266&nid=1205

It's sad to see Utah is fast losing agriculture, what little we have in the state to pavement and bigger cities. The state is turning into a recreation state with a big push on public lands to get cattle off, lock it up, keep ATV's off even hunting. This is a hard concept for people that really don't know our lands out west here were 60-70% is owned by the Federal government.

I had the luxury as a kid growing up all though the west as my father worked for the BLM. I spent my time in Utah, Calf. Oregon and some in Nevada because of his job. I got see the most spectacular country as this country was growing in the 70's and 80's. Dad took me to the movie sets on BLM ground while filming in Calf. Got to see the movie set of the Clint Eastwood "High Plains Drifter" just before they painted the town red and burned it. Got to see the wild horse gathers in Calf. & Oregon area.

So anyway I will be waiting for this series "Yellowstone" to come out to watch on a cold snowy night. All these thoughts have come to mind to me because I'm thinking hey I got to travel, ride those hills before a lot of people got to see them on the movie screen. We in agriculture truly have the best lifestyles, we get to drive tractors, ride horses, punch cows, go toe to toe with government officials on how land will be managed. Were does it get any better than that?

P.S. Puff our place down in Utah east of Park City has plenty of trees! So many in fact I've lost some cows down there in one canyon. Them buggers have out foxed me two times I've went to find them. So I thought I would post a few pics I took the other day while looking for those buggers.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 9/20/2017 04:01

(20170903_094241.jpg)

(20170903_095347.jpg)

(20170903_105447.jpg)

(20170903_095353.jpg)

(20170903_105846.jpg)

(20170903_105451.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20170903_094241.jpg (109KB - 146 downloads)
Attachments 20170903_095347.jpg (112KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments 20170903_105447.jpg (112KB - 168 downloads)
Attachments 20170903_095353.jpg (86KB - 193 downloads)
Attachments 20170903_105846.jpg (102KB - 173 downloads)
Attachments 20170903_105451.jpg (88KB - 150 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)