AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for entry level autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ryank
Posted 9/19/2017 22:47 (#6258619)
Subject: Looking for entry level autosteer

SE Nebraska
Looking for suggestions for an auto steer system. I currently run 2 raven cruizer II's with helix antennas on tractors and a Phoenix 200 on a rogator. I'm doing basic guidance as well as sprayer swath control and planter row control. Getting along fantastic with all aspects of these systems. Been thinking about making the leap to autosteer. I talked to my local raven dealer and he quoted about $7500 for smart trax md with 3 nodes, 3 steering wheel gear kits wire harnesses and the smart trax kit itself. Is this a good way to go, will I be happy? That's honestly more than I wanted to spend on what basically amounts to a convenience item.

I see some complete Trimble used autosteer in the classifieds. They are ez steers, I think. With the motor with what appears like a foam covered wheel that contacts the steering wheel. Would those compare to what I'm looking at? Anybody maybe have any leads on any good used smart trax md systems or components to potentially lower cost?

I'm new to the autosteer deal. So any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Ps. The raven dealer said he likes to see all steering pins, tie rods,etc changed before auto steer is installed. I run older equipment. I'd like to think well maintained, but I'm sure with wear. Is this necessary? I'd be looking at a pretty significant expense there to tighten up 2 tractors, 1 combine and a rogator
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)