AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me decide on GPS equip please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mike swne
Posted 6/8/2017 18:28 (#6060927)
Subject: Help me decide on GPS equip please.

Big Springs, Nebraska
Have a Trimble 750 unlocked to RTK (use RTX fast) w/ EZ Steer on my '08 Versatile 2335. Just got a '10 Deere 9770 auto trac ready (has the valve) combine. I'm wanting to auto steer this combine and eventually to yield map (once I learn how it will probably become more important to me but for now my biggest concern is steering). I've been debating between a deere or a trimble system.

Deere: Looks to be easiest and cleanest way. Just a globe and monitor and of course the auto trac activation.
Spendy... even if I find used stuff. I'm thinking if I go green maybe spend the money for a 6000 globe and maybe a used 2630 if I can find one. Then maybe
equip the Versatile with a deere steering valve down the road and be able to use the deere system for both machines if it's possible. It's about the only
way to justify the cost.

Trimble: Maybe buy a Nav controller and put in combine and move the 750 back and forth between machines. Or maybe even move the nav back and forth as well (is
that practical?) Will the trimble work ok in a green combine? Can I engage steering using the buttons on the handle this way or would I need an external
switch? If I get into yield mapping as I get more comfortable down the road, would the trimble setup do that reasonably well? Is it a lot of clutter in the
cab with the nav and harnesses or not as bad as I'm imagining (somebody said they put the nav outside the cab on a combine is that common?)

Love to get you guys' take on things.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)