AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where can I acquire the tool to adjust the mixture on my Echo SRM-2620U trimmer? (pictures attached)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/28/2017 19:00 (#6042437)
Subject: Where can I acquire the tool to adjust the mixture on my Echo SRM-2620U trimmer? (pictures attached)

Owners manual states that if you're above 1100 feet you "may" need to adjust the mixture and to see your dealer. I bought this from Orschelens and I doubt they'll be much help adjusting it for our altitude (3,100 feet or so) and it's running rich.

In a minute I'll get a couple of pictures uploaded. You'll see a picture of the carb itself (I'm pointing at the hole where the adjustment screw is with a small screwdriver) and a picture of the parts diagram where I have circled the mixture adjustment screw in red.

For whatever reason I guess the EPA is wanting your average Joe to not be able to adjust these (strange as I would think a rich running carb would be an emissions nightmare?) so I think the tools may be hard to come by? I can't even see in the hole to identify the shape of the head of the adjustment screw and the parts diagram isn't a huge help there either.

Any thoughts on how I can adjust this myself?

Thanks.

(IMG_6595.JPG)

(IMG_6593.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_6595.JPG (92KB - 221 downloads)
Attachments IMG_6593.PNG (159KB - 225 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)