AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IPad not charging as expected
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/14/2017 06:46 (#6016283)
Subject: IPad not charging as expected

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got a new iPad Pro for general use and with Ag Leader Ag Finiti App. I have it mounted in the tractor and it is connected to a dual port high output lighter plug via the USB to Lightning cable.

I realize that the charging requirements for the iPad are greater than those of say an iPhone. I notice that if I connect it to my computer's USB port that the iPad will indicated "Not Charnging" due to the lower output from the USB port on the computer. This is why I purchased the High Output lighter plug as recommended by someone here.

In the tractor, the iPad does charge but not at a rate to "keep up" when it is on. Yesterday I purposely shut it OFF, thinking that the charge rate would then have a chance to recharge the battery. After the system lies dormant for a while, the iPad turns itself back On when the battery reaches a minimal level and then the discharge rate exceeds the charge rate again.

Last night (the iPad is a very low priority), I went in to settings and shut off everything utilizing cell service. I reasoned that this is possibly why the iPad turns itself back on when it gets a bit of a charge. Maybe this will allow it to stay off long enough to get charged.

But the heart of the problem is why the charger doesn't keep up or gain on the battery situation even with these things turned ON. This doesn't seem like it would be very practical for the typical usage of this iPad. Maybe there's something wrong with this one.

I have an iPhone and charging hasn't really been an issue with it. Generally I charge it off the computer or whatever vehicle I happen to be in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)