AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20-20 swath control off center
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 5/11/2017 08:17 (#6011918)
Subject: 20-20 swath control off center

NW Iowa
Twice now when I have been planting corn the swath control on the 20-20 on my 12 row planter will suddenly think I am overlapping the last pass by 1/2 swath and shut those six rows off even though I am driving right on the mark. The Ipad map will show the planter overlapping to the right. Also it will show the end of the rows at the end of the field way long on one end of the field and way short on the other end, so the swath control will shut the planter off six rows short of one end of the field on one end and will not shut the planter off until I am six rows into the end rows on the other end of the field. First time it did this, after I scratched my head for awhile I disabled the swath control and kept planting. After four rounds the little planter icon on the Ipad suddenly started wandering away from the swath to the left and then ran parallel to the previous swath with a six row space between swaths. Again, I was driving right on the mark while the Ipad told me I was driving six rows too wide. I suspected the monitor had corrected itself so when I got to the end of the field I turned swath control back on and all was well for the rest of the field.

The second time it did this, two days after the first occurrence the planter icon on the ipad again showed me overlapping six rows to the right so I disabled swath control and kept planting. The end rows again were out of whack in the same pattern as the first time this happened. I was rained out while planting with the swath control disabled so I didn't have enough time to see if it would correct itself again. The second time the little planter icon on the ipad was wandering around like it was drunk. Both times this happened the Trimble auto steer was tracking the mark like it should. The 20-20 is working off a Precision globe. The Precision globe and the Trimble globe are four to five feet apart on top of the cab.

The first time this happened we had had a lightning storm that night with some close lightning and a little rain and the tractor was sitting in the field during the storm. I got going again at noon that day and the sky was clear. That lightning sends up a red flag in my mind but maybe it is just coincidence. Second time it happened we were cloudy with rain coming but no lightning. That is about all the information I can think of. What should I be looking for?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)