AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Android lock screen, and bluetooth
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 4/23/2017 07:23 (#5977732)
Subject: Android lock screen, and bluetooth

Missouri
I have a bluetooth headset that announces callers by caller ID. I routinely answer calls without removing the phone from my pocket, but it unlocks the screen when I do this. Undesired side effects range from putting callers on hold, putting callers on mute, disconnecting calls, etc. If I take the phone out of the holster and relock the screen, it unlocks again when I hang up. Undesired side effects range from deleting the phone call item, to rearranged icons on the home screen, to all sorts of nuisance issues.

I have not found a setting anywhere to prevent the bluetooth from unlocking the screen.

I have the same issue, but worse, if I choose to lock the screen with a password, pin, or pattern. The bluetooth device still unlocks it. Having this sort of lock has the additional undesired side effect of putting an "emergency" button on the lock screen. Now, because you've locked up the phone to try and prevent pocket dials, you get an emergency button which is not protected by any lock function, and allows pocket dials to speed dial 911. They are highly annoyed by this.

I have not been able to find a way to setting to change this behavior. The phone is a CAT S60 running android 6.0. Anyone, PLEASE share with me if you have helpful suggestions. I just want to take my bluetooth phone calls without unlocking the phone. I have a decent holster that works well, so any option that simply requires using the actual physical button to unlock the screen will be great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)