AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Restoring an iPhone App
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2017 07:08 (#5939000)
Subject: Restoring an iPhone App

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some of you may recall that I have mentioned a Garage Door Opener App and module that I use. This is a system where a $50 module is literally attached across the terminals for a simple push button used on many openers. A free app allows one to use a smartphone as a remote. There are apps available for both iPhones and Android Phones. I have an iPhone 6.

I have several of these and they continue to work well until I apparently deleted the free app earlier this week. Downloading the app is certainly possible and maybe my only choice. The rub with doing this is that each module needs to be paired with the app by pushing a button on the module and typing in a number on the phone. I needed to do this with each of the five modules that I'm using. I paired them on a bench before climbing up a ladder to install them.

This can be done but two of them are on openers that are mounted at fairly remote locations which requires a ladder and a balancing act. It would be nice if I could just restore the app from the cloud and hopefully the re-pairing process would not be needed.

I believe I should be able to recover the apps from iCloud but I haven't been successful in doing such.

Not very patient, I did various searches on the topic. They all seem to say just re-download which I have now done. It came back as I expected so I now I will need to re-pair the various units. Time to dig out the ladders again.

Edited by tedbear 4/2/2017 09:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)