AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a call Saturday...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

roush9799
Posted 11/6/2016 20:18 (#5622249)
Subject: Got a call Saturday...

West Central IL
Got a call Saturday morning from my father in law. Says his brother wants to offer a farm to sell to me for x amount per acre. I thought, OK, I'll have to check with my banker and look it over and see if it's worth it. The catch was, he isn't going to sell it until he finds something else to buy closer to his home so he can do an exchange, but he was willing to sign a deal so when it happens I can buy it. I figured I'll have plenty of time to think this through. Get a call Saturday afternoon that he found something to buy and asked me if I was ready to buy it or not. I haven't even had time to drive by the place yet. I think I got them held off for a week maybe. Not sure if it's quite worth what he wants, it's less than what he gave for it in '06 looking at the property card, but he sold 40 acres off as it was 100 acres. Told me I may have a chance to buy 30 more of it back also as they are wanting to sell part of it as they built a house on the road frontage. Thinking about looking it over and get a soil map and maybe give him an offer and see if he counters, or budges on his price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)