AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tall Corn Kit for Case IH 3200/3400 series corn head???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chocgopher
Posted 9/20/2016 18:43 (#5539866)
Subject: Tall Corn Kit for Case IH 3200/3400 series corn head???

Iowa
Hello!

Last year we experienced some ear loss when some ear shanks got weak and the ears were thrown over the outside of our Case 3400 corn head. Our corn head is not matched to our planter, so we are often harvesting a guess row which causes some shaking of the stalks. I have been able to locate two options for Tall Corn "shield" kits for this series of head: one produced by Case IH and one produced by May Wes. I would appreciate hearing comments from anyone that has run either style. The May Wes product costs about 50% less than the Case IH product. The May Wes product appears to be solid poly, while the Case version advertises the ability to fold down flat so as to not cause interference if harvesting down/lodged corn. I haven't been able to locate any pictures of the Case product in the folded position and our Case dealer doesn't have any images either, nor have they sold this product. I would appreciate comments from anyone who can describe how well these fold down and work in lodged corn situations. I have attached photos of both products. The May Wes option is pictured on a Deere head. We do not have the roller cones pictured on the Case product. Thanks!

Edited by chocgopher 9/20/2016 18:47

(IMG_3557.jpg)

(IMG_3560.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3557.jpg (158KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3560.jpg (180KB - 132 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)