AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez GUide 500 & Ez Boom problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kstate90
Posted 9/20/2008 20:37 (#465301)
Subject: Ez GUide 500 & Ez Boom problems

North Central Kansas
Whent to spray the wheat stubble this afternoon and had trouble. First problem was a bad Teejet 460 valve. Sprayer is a Bestway Field ProIII 60'. Narrowed it down to a bad wire and possibly a bad board on the valve. Turn it on Manually so I could spray the field i was on and started having problems. Ez Guide will not identify that any of the booms are on and it says that the rate is not responding. Checked wire from flowmeter and it checked out. Can hear the servo valve moving. I ran water through the flow meter and it did not register anything. What I can't understand is why it is not showing the booms being on or off, and it is not doing coverage. It sees the EZ boom and everything is set the same. It was a perfectly good day to spray and I got nothing done. Any suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
L8Bloomer
Posted 9/20/2008 22:37 (#465367 - in reply to #465301)
Subject: RE: Ez GUide 500 & Ez Boom problems

SW Ohio
You have so many problems! Did you weld on the sprayer? Change batteries? Lightning strike?? I know you would have said so if that happened but do you see where I'm going here? How about a pinched wiring harness? Loose ground lug? loose plug on the wiring harness? And as the pros on this forum always get to sooner or later, have you wired your power directly to the battery?

Hope you find it soon,
Dave
wade4545
Posted 9/20/2008 22:38 (#465368 - in reply to #465367)
Subject: Re: Ez GUide 500 & Ez Boom problems

technology is just wonderful somedays!:p
kstate90
Posted 9/21/2008 00:18 (#465441 - in reply to #465368)

North Central Kansas
The boom valve had acted up once before but had gone away. The flowmeter is a new deal. No welding, no lightning. I used electrical contact cleaner on the connectors. I may try that again and rehook everything. I am going to get a new flowmeter in the morning and try that. Right now goal number one is to get what I have mixed on the sprayer off.
kstate90
Posted 9/21/2008 11:24 (#465661 - in reply to #465441)

North Central Kansas
Boom valve turned out to be a bad harness connector on the bottom of the valve. Going to put new flowmeter on this afternoon and try it.
kstate90
Posted 9/21/2008 18:45 (#465908 - in reply to #465661)

North Central Kansas
Put new flowmeter on and it does not read flow. Checked all connections, used electrical contact cleaner and then blew them out. All connections seem tight. I changed the Calc number in the ez guide to the new calc # on the new flowmeter. flowmeter is in the right way.
L8Bloomer
Posted 9/21/2008 21:32 (#466071 - in reply to #465908)

SW Ohio
Use an OHm meter on Ohms. Disconnect the flow meter and read the two pins. Should get a reading as you spin the inside of the flow meter. Kinda like on off on off.

Then by using a jumper you should be able to "see" some number change on your controller where you calibrate. Hope this helps figure out which end to work on.

Good Luck,
Dave

kstate90
Posted 9/21/2008 23:24 (#466242 - in reply to #466071)

North Central Kansas
I finally figured it out. The cable on the the sprayer for the flowmeter is bad. I hooked the flowmeter to the cable on the back of the tractor and gave it a shot of air with the air gun and it showed the booms turning on and coverage mapping. I had jumped the cable where it hooks on to the flow meter on the sprayer and got it to work but apparently it was not good enough to read. Hopefully I can get a new cable tomorrow. What a waste of two days. I guess I can add that to my knowledge on sprayers for future reference. Thanks for the help.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)