AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland 688 round baler. Please help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Toondaddy
Posted 9/2/2016 22:57 (#5506205)
Subject: New Holland 688 round baler. Please help

I just bought a New Holland 688 twine with Auto Wrap (not Bale commander or whatever it is called) I got it cheap from a jockey. He didn't know anything about it and it looked pretty good and I heard it run but no hay so I couldn't make a bale to see how it ties. It also did not come with a buzzer for when the bale is full. My dilemma is I want to try it this weekend but it will take several days to get a manual from my dealer. I stopped by there with it on my way home and the New Holland guy told me a little about how to operate it. He said I don't need the buzzer, just watch for the string to start feeding when the bale is full. I tried it today on some grass hay and once the bale was full it didn't tie automatically. So I kicked it out in the pasture untied to let the sheep eat it. The twine was real hard to pull so I rethreaded it so it pulled easier (I don't know how it is really supposed to go, I'm just guessing) I tried another bale but it wouldn't tie either and while I was making it one of the belts twisted and another one flipped over. Can someone give me some advice on how to loosen the belts so I can straighten them? Also a diagram on the correct way to thread the twine would be very helpful. One other thing, while I was greasing it I could not find the fitting near the large sprocket on the left side under the big shield. There is an indicator that there is supposed to be one there but I can't find it or one that is broken off. While I am running it he said to watch the two arrows to see what side od the bale needs more to keep the bales even. While it is running these arrows (upper left when looking at the front of the machine) are a lot of the time just sitting on the bottom or jumping around and not very useful. Is that normal? I thought they would slowly go up until the bale was ready to be tied as shown on the other indicator. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)