AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

longer distance network
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

wolfwood00
Posted 8/12/2008 11:53 (#433641)
Subject: longer distance network

Claremont,MN
What I want to do is connect three (maybe four if possible) houses to one network to share one $50 a month Internet connect instead of having 4 $50 a month Internet bills. Also if I can get Internet all around the farm it might be nice to check the weather or newagtalk from the tractor on my laptop.

the situation is, house 1 is located at the middle of our farm. house 2 that we want to connect is 1/4 mile down the road and can have line of site between houses 1 and 2.
house 3 is about 3/4 miles across the field and has good line of site with house 2. house 4 is about 5 miles away and am not sure about line of site with other houses. all houses do have light of site with grain leg at house 1, so it is possible to put something on the leg and see all houses.

what I am thinking is if we can connect the houses for less than $1000-$1500 per house it would be worth while to do.

so what equipment should I get and about what will it cost. also how hard is it to get things working right. should anyone be able to get it connected or do I need a computer genius.

Thanks for your help

Brandon

Edited by wolfwood00 8/12/2008 11:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)