AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calibrating Ontrac 3 ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 2/10/2016 17:45 (#5102129)
Subject: Calibrating Ontrac 3 ?

Near-north Ontario, French River
Recently installed an Ontrac 3 in our AGCO DT 180a. The install was pretty straight forward, and a week later the dealer came out to help me with the calibration process, which went well. Everything seems to be working properly however when we did a test run out in the field, I was getting a warning to slow down ( was only running 4mph-ish) as a sharp turn was approaching. Now in my mind it wasn't a very sharp turn, something akin to going around a tree along a fence line, no where near hitting the steering stops. That got me to thinking about about the calibration process. Part of the process is to run the process while turning in a nice constant circle. Thinking back at the time I don't think we turned the wheel to the stops during this process, in other words we didn't calibrate using the minimum turn radius. Was this a mistake on our part? Ground is supposed to freeze back up in the next couple of days so running another calibration would be simple enough. Or is my issue in the settings? Would increasing the aggressiveness help to steer quicker or is the Ontrac's steering motor just physically limited in terms of how fast it can make a turn? I would expect to run into issues at say +10mph, but 4.5-5mph is a pretty typical planting speed around here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)