AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

milo insurance question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

southforkjr
Posted 7/27/2008 10:34 (#422831)
Subject: milo insurance question

I planted some milo behind wheat back in june its had about 3 tenths of rain its spotty at best I went back and replanted a good bit of thinking that I would get some of the 70% rain that I missed. I sprayed with round-up at planting there hasn't been any rain so it looks like a desert bare ground. I had planed to spray over the top with atrazine and then put my fertilizer out after it was up. I talked to another farmer that grew milo behind wheat and insurance told him to fertilze it or the bare ground and he could file a claim. should I go on and put it out or is it true that they will make me put it out when there is nothing out there to fertilize.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cowboycorn
Posted 7/27/2008 14:10 (#422966 - in reply to #422831)
Subject: RE: milo insurance question

north central Oklahoma
Only insurance available for double crops in Oklahoma is NAP, unless you have proven up your double crop yields over and above NAP and I am not aware of any requirements from FSA to fertilize just to collect. Just need to advise FSA of loss within 10 days of noticing it. I wouldn't waste any more money, NAP is only 50% insurance level, not a big indemnity waiting for ya.
RAB
Posted 7/27/2008 16:33 (#423017 - in reply to #422831)
Subject: RE: milo insurance question

Brinkley, Arkansas
Can't help you on the insurance question but I thought when you posted about a month ago that your milo behind wheat was going to be under a pivot.
duishay
Posted 7/27/2008 17:26 (#423050 - in reply to #422831)
Subject: Re: milo insurance question

SE Nebraska
My agent told me only way to insure double crop is if you are able to irrigate it. May not be the same in all areas but I'd sure check it out before you spent any more money.
plowboy
Posted 7/27/2008 19:28 (#423112 - in reply to #422831)

Brazilton KS
This question is going to be highly dependent on location. Every county can be different regarding insurability of doublecrop.
southforkjr
Posted 7/27/2008 20:41 (#423157 - in reply to #423112)

Some is under the pivot but my pivot doesn't make a full circle about 25% is watered and its fair.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)