AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How's the crops doing in the Delta states?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Chet Z
Posted 7/25/2008 00:46 (#421602)
Subject: How's the crops doing in the Delta states?

Nance County, Ne
Been hearing on the radio that it is getting dry down south. Was curious to hear from some of you if it's true or not?

Haven't seen much of crop pic's from down there unless I missed them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Red/Green
Posted 7/25/2008 08:27 (#421692 - in reply to #421602)
Subject: Re: How's the crops doing in the Delta states?

Elizabethtown,KY
We are very dry in KY, have only had 1.2" for the whole month of July here, June was dry as well, if we don't get a rain out of this next system it is really going to get ugly...
eddiedry
Posted 7/25/2008 09:10 (#421720 - in reply to #421602)

Wheatley, Arkansas
Chet, it's dry here with the heat building, near 100. Most crops around here are late but looking pretty good, soybeans might be the exception for a lt of guys. I would estimate 85-95% of the crops around here are irrigated, we can usually make a crop, just gets expensive running all these wells and pivots. It also seems that none of our irrigation is as effective as what the Good Lord sends.
doeslayer
Posted 7/25/2008 21:45 (#422063 - in reply to #421720)

NW Mississippi
We are hot and dry here, but have caught a few showers in places. Irrigation has been running non stop since mid june until yesterday when we got .75 to an inch. I cannot believe how well the dryland corn held up, it had a 6 week dry spell during pollination and fill. It is 10 days from black layer and ear counts look suprisingly good for the most part..... we will see by labor day what it will shell out.
Irrigated corn looks good as do MG IV soybeans (irrigated). Cotton is late but catching up and looking good where watered. Wheat was good and doublecrop beans are not too far from canopy (15" rows). Plant bugs are really picking up in cotton and we are spraying. We have sprayed some cotton refuge for bollworms. I will try to post some pictures soon.
j s ragman
Posted 7/26/2008 22:27 (#422609 - in reply to #422063)

dry as a powdermakers arse in the Arkansas Delta. Doublecrop dryland beans are toast.
Joe $#@& the Ragman
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)