AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3D Robotics Solo Drone - and drones in general
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

aus_tech
Posted 12/20/2015 01:35 (#4973309)
Subject: 3D Robotics Solo Drone - and drones in general

Southern NSW, Australia
Just wondering if any of you have had experience with 3D Robotics drones, particularly the Solo. This is for precision agriculture applications such as NDVI mapping, and general aerial observation of the growing crop. Have any of you fitted specialized cameras to these drones? Is it easy to do so? I know the Phantom drones are very popular among many of you - how would the Solo drone and the Phantom compare? Just wondering which would be the better choice for my operations.

The other option is a flying wing type drone, such as the AgEagle. I really like the look of these, but have heard the price tag is something like $25k, which is hard to justify for my 3000 acre operation. Flying wing type drones benefit from high efficiency and high area coverage in one flight, but would it be just better and simpler to buy a quadcopter type, which is much cheaper?

Finally, this may seem like a dumb question, but how many of you have seen an improved productivity from your farm as a direct result of drone usage? Have all the imagery and data you have collected actually been put towards yield improving changes to your farm program? I am not trying to have a go at anybody, and am genuinely interested and want to learn about how you guys have used this exciting new drone technology to improve your farm system. Thanks for reading my long rambling post, and TIA for any replies about any of my questions.

aus_tech
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)