AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem with local ag spraying company
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mlrincols
Posted 7/24/2008 12:37 (#421250)
Subject: Problem with local ag spraying company

Need your comments on behalf of my dad who has a problem/issue with a local herbicide spraying company that sprayed soybeans. 1st time using this company, but they have been around for awhile and reputation is OK. Dad contacted spray company to burndown soybean ground this spring, was targeting "chickweed" in notill. Special mix was made, ground was sprayed, didnt kill it. Dad called ag spray company and they had the chemical reps came out and reps said that they must not have used proper mix, they would check it out and call my dad back. They never did. A week later, my dad called the ag spray company, they came out and said "Yep, it needs a re-spray". My dad said, let me know what you find out, thinking that they would follow up with the reps. A few days later, they came back at 6AM without warning and resprayed the ground. My dad thinks it was covered becasue the first spray didnt get the chickweed.

A week later, dad gets a bill for $1600. Now, time has moved on (a month) and my dad talks to the ag spray company and they argue over the bill. My dad said he thought it was a free respray and the ag spray company says "no". My dad tells them they never called to give him an update and my dad would have waited a few more week later into the season if he knew he was going to have to pay for a respray. Ag spray company finally tears up the bill, puts in trash can and says, I dont ever want to see you here again, dont call, dont step on property.

A week goes by and another bill arrives and this time there is a note saying that he owes the $1600, that it is the "3rd" respray that is free, not the 2nd and if he doesnt pay in 30 days, they will contact their lawyers.

My dad has still not heard from the chemical reps and has not followed up - he plans to call them now. Admittedly, he should have contacted the ag spray company the day he got the bill for $1600...but he didnt.

What are your thoughts on this topic....how should he proceed?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)