AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autopilot calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chris dds
Posted 10/25/2015 23:51 (#4858130)
Subject: Autopilot calibration

I have a Case IH 275 Magnum tractor that has Trimble Autopilot. The tractor was factory auto guide ready. We had the Autopilot installed when we bought the tractor. It has a NAVII and 500 display running WAAS. We run Omnistar for planting.

Everything worked great for a long time. Over the summer, we sent it to the shop to replace oil seals on the front axle. After we got it back from the CIH shop, the autopilot did not work....they came back out and replaced the steering sensor on the left front wheel and re-calibrated.

It steers and engages now, BUT, it always runs about 6" offline to the left. It doesn't matter what direction I am driving and it will follow the A-B line...but always 6" offline to the left. This gives too much space between passes going one direction and too close going the other. The display will show that it is offline to the left, but it doesn't correct. The 500 is sending GPS to an Ag Leader display which also shows a skip and overlap between passes. I know that I don't have any overlap/skip or offset programmed in my AB lines.

Any ideas what's wrong? Like I said, it all worked before replacing the steering sensor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)