AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday morning pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 10/18/2015 09:50 (#4845357)
Subject: Sunday morning pics

Ridgway, IL
Got our first frost last night, 28 this am when I got up. Lots of August planted beans in the Ohio river bottoms will be dinged pretty bad. Have been having health challenges with the Florida calves lately, the weather has been really dry, but it's the time of year when there are 30-40 deg swings in day and night time temps. I have gone to treating calves with a dart gun in the barn with draxxin. I was getting frustrated trying to pull calves. Basically i was having to run the entire group to the corral to treat one or 2 calves, which would stress 99% of the group needlessly. Plus it took a while to do, because I'm usually a one man band on that kind of stuff. I've been pretty happy with the results, the only thing I don't like is not being able to isolate those calves, but I think it's a trade off I'm willing to live with. I use a pneudart rifle that uses .22 blanks to fire. I'm convinced I need to start p.i. Testing. I have all the stuff to do it, just one of those things that needs to be bumped up the priority list. Also, I've kinda decided to only bring calves in outside of row crop busy times... I've found myself stretched too thin.

Anyhow here are some pics of bigger cattle in old barn, and smaller cattle in new barn. The new barn is better than the old one, it's 17.5 ft tall vs 16, and that makes a huge difference. Also, a pic from a few Sunday's ago, a buddy and I went on a little boat ride around Golconda illinois on the Ohio river, this is a pasture that borders the river, and the cows and calves are always lounging on the bank or wading in the water. Really neat place. Another pic, had an intake valve on the 4840 feed wagon tractor drop down into the cylinder, my neighbor is a really good mechanic and is overhauling it. Gonna have to find a different head too.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (133KB - 37 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (133KB - 38 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (116KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (121KB - 30 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (156KB - 35 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (164KB - 32 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (163KB - 32 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (286KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (129KB - 31 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)