AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deciding which setup to go with
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmcdc
Posted 7/19/2015 07:21 (#4687500)
Subject: Deciding which setup to go with

Fremont, NE
Currently run a FM750 and EZ steer on a RTK network in a Magnum 7140. Purchased a newer tractor that is guidance ready, 2011 NHT8.330. Can stick with my current setup which has worked good for the most part but would like to utilize the plumbed in system if possible to free up some cab clutter. Run a 16row CaseIH 1250 planter with bulkfill and fertilizer with a pto pump. Can add a NAV 11 controller, radio and 372 receiver for around $17k and utilize the mapping/steering in my Pro 600 and use just the one monitor, or can just purchase a Nav11 for around $4k and keep using the FM750 in the cab. Also have the option of purchasing a FMX/FM1000 monitor set up w/Nav11 w/RTK for around $16.5k. This set up would still be two monitors in the cab but the FMX may have more options than just the Pro 600 alone but I'm not exactly sure. Can guys/gals with any of these set ups feel me in on the good/bad ugly of my choices. A little more info too, I may be adding some PP equipment to my planter this fall/winter which would also add a 20/20 monitor in the cab along with Ipad for the Fieldview option if this makes a difference. Not sure which direction to go here.......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)