AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATU was a pain today...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/26/2008 22:48 (#385337)
Subject: ATU was a pain today...

Leesburg, Ohio
After planting all the corn with the fully integrated GS2 on the 8420, got in the 8300 to run the drills in beans today (Son ran all night, so I got the day shift...) and what a pain the ATU was! Son has been complaining all spring since we put them in, but my unit with the valve worked great. The ATU was not even close to being acceptable.

I've been used to making a bit more than half the turn on the ends, hitting the button, and letting the GS2 complete the turn and go.

The ATU did exactly that, exactly one time all day.

We have changed settings 'til we're blue in the face. The ATU HAS to be exactly on the line, and be more than 50 yards into the rows before it will stay online when you hit the button. Otherwise, it promptly jerks you exactly 3 feet off line, or veers wildly. If you wait the 50 yards, and have it precisely on the line, it will stay there just fine. Even did a reasonable job of steering the ends in curve track. I don't really even mind having to find the row, if it would just stay where it should be. We have re-cal'd the itc, and backed off the heading sensitivity, and it does fine when crossing a ditch or waterway.

Told the local dealer (happened to see him today) that we want our money back on the ATU outfit if it's not improved sigificantly.

The other thing that really bothers me, the area rep told my son three weeks ago that this is as good as it gets with an ATU. Can't believe that!

Dealer has worked hard on all this stuff, and our other unit works like a dream, so it's not the GS2 or the receiver, or the base.

End of rant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)