AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD Starfire 2 went a bit south,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmboy99
Posted 5/24/2008 22:57 (#384204)
Subject: JD Starfire 2 went a bit south,

SE South Dakota
then north then too wide a gap, a bit of an angle etc. Between 4:30 and 5:30 Central daylight time today my JD auto-trac started giving me problems. First I noticed the gap between planter passes would narrow as I drove across the field. Then the gap would be too wide. I did notice that I was down to just 5 sats in the solution then. Later when all was well again I had up to 10 Sats in the solution.
I've owned and used this machine for now 4 years and this is the first time that I had to put the planter markers down to keep planting, if only for a bit. I usually the guy on this board that wonders what in the world you all are talking about the problems you have sometimes with your auto-trac. Mind has just plain worked and worked well up to this point.
I might mention that I was working under high voltage electric transmission lines on one end of the field. I don't think they had anything to do with the steering because later in the same field I was under then alot more and nothing unusual happened.

Anybody else have problems during that time period? Something with the sats? I wonder why I had only 5 sats in the solution then later ten showed up?
Jim

Edited by farmboy99 5/24/2008 23:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)