AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another update on friend that was in assisted living.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 8/5/2014 09:02 (#4002795)
Subject: Another update on friend that was in assisted living.

West of Broken Bow
I had mentioned before about a lady who is a family friend and had to go live in an assisted living center. Two of her relatives took advantage of her and stole many belongings and money from her house. I don't know the total value of everything, but some of the jewelry was worth thousands.

When I went to visit her at the assisted living center, it was all I could do to choke back the tears. She had large bruises all over from falling and was depressed. Upon hearing more details of what the relatives did, I could no longer stay out of it. It was hard seeing her in that condition. Maybe a day or so after visiting her, she fell again and was hospitalized. After several days, she was released, but her best friend had her moved to a nursing home further away.

What I wanted to let y'all know is that her thieving and exploiting relatives are being brought to justice. ^^

It is my opinion that the relatives won her total trust and drove her to a new lawyer and got her to change her will. They got her to distrust her longtime friend so they could swoop in and get her possessions once she had to move out of her house. Once they had her valuables they told her that they no longer had a use for her. This really crushed her and sent her into a depression.

It isn't fun getting involved in something like this, but if I was incapacitated, alone, and had been exploited, I'd hope someone would care enough to help right the wrongs.

I'll give more exact details once things are finalized with the charges brought against her lovely relatives.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)