AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have a good plan to get your assets to you children with out tearing family apart?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

arcticcatfarmer
Posted 6/11/2014 18:56 (#3914020)
Subject: Have a good plan to get your assets to you children with out tearing family apart?

Tip of the Thumb of Michigan

So with all the horror stories, who is prepared for untimely or natural death?   When I had my second child 3 years ago, we set up a trust to take care of the children if  we where to both die.  It has instructions on when they get something.  I think, they don't get any cash until they are in their late 20's.  We own some land and I have a large life insurance policy, so there would be assets and lots of cash.  We didn't want 18 year olds to get a wad of cash without experience to use it.  

My mothers mom and dad told all the children what was in the will and why.  When they passed, there were no questions or surprises.  When my dad's father died, grandma read the will and one uncle thought it was unfair and Gramps was gone so he couldn't tell him to "knock it off".  That uncle didn't talk to us for 10 years.  Grandpa had taken good care of the disgruntled uncle, but he always wanted more.   Grandma's 98 and still going and the disgruntled uncle died of a heartattack 7 years ago, so we will see.  

I have been taking notes to plan the end someday.  I want everyone to know everything in the will and if they have a problem, maybe it will go to the Shriner's hospital or any other charitable children's hospitals.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)