AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So, ahh.., the patterns not changing....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

khall_12_34
Posted 5/20/2014 20:50 (#3880366)
Subject: So, ahh.., the patterns not changing....

Formerly NE North Dakota, now NW MN
Or, its not changing fast enough. Either way, todays cold, cloudy waste of a day did nothing to dry us up. It looks like we will get between 12 and 36 hours of fieldwork before we get wet again on Sunday (sadly the gfs and euro agree on this)...

So, this is really starting to become mission critical time for our little beet co-op. 29% planted in ND as of the report...nobody going anywhere to my knowledge right now...

Spring wheat is also, well its starting to get late. Some of the first stuff we mudded in has come up, and the stand is shockingly normal looking considering how we treated that ground, but we've been cool and wet... So I guess that's the upside to cool and wet.

I'm starting to think the guys outside of the valley will have to so some heavy lifting on dry beans this year. Last year at this time, beets were over 50% in. That's a lot of planters that are not even thinking about pintos or navies at the moment.

How are things in MI looking? Your S. Beet planting progress is better than ours, and its probably at least a week early (I assume? I don't really know) for dry beans. You on track to put the navies and blacks in in good shape?

There's still clues that the pattern wants to change. Rain in the wheat belt. 6-10 day has fair amount of heat in for the tundra... Jet streams moving more normal like. Just tough to play catch up when you get mid Aprils weather end of may.

Edited by khall_12_34 5/20/2014 20:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)