AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Silage/buckrake
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Farmerjonathan
Posted 3/28/2014 17:35 (#3782510)
Subject: Silage/buckrake

NorthWest Indiana
Putting this here and if no help will try the machinery section but thought I would have a better possibility of quality answers here. I am building a buckrake for the front of my 1650 Oliver to fit on the front end loader arms (taking the bucket off). I know how to build the buckrake assembly. I have looked on some websites for buckrakes and then found exactly what I was looking for in a silage pusher. It has a self unloading/pushing feature. My hay mow is 9' off of the ground. By widening the haymow door, I can drive up and load loose hay onto my haymow floor but needed a way to keep the hay in the mow, the pusher idea is perfect. I only see them though in European websites. Any ideas?

Here is the plan. I have a past student cut, rake, bale and wrap my first cutting as I am still in school (I teach HS Ag. Education). Last year I got my new team of Norwegian Fjords working to the point I am confident they can cut and rake the second and third cuttings of hay. I have a haymow going to waste and don't want to get back into small square bales again. I can work at my own pace and by myself. Yes I have a trailing loose hayloader but my barn doesn't have a trolley, track or door for loose hay. Here is what I am talking about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buckrakes&client=firefox-a&hs=OMM&rl...

Any ideas, suggestions, measurements, experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)