AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dont Get Mad At Chipotle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ayrporte
Posted 2/12/2014 23:39 (#3686223)
Subject: Dont Get Mad At Chipotle

Eastern Ont

The Ohio Farm Bureau doesnt want you to get upset at the antic that Chipotle is doing

http://ofbf.org/news-and-events/news/3746/

First commenter in IMHO nailed it on the head

Shouldn't this be the mission of Farm Bureau: to get out the message about how our food is grown versus letting corporations like Chipotle set the tone?!?! Why do we let others speak for us on a national scale and sit back and take it? Why don't we EVER strike first on a national level? Sure I can react calmly and try and explain after it has already happened, but people who don't know are more likely to believe Chipotle than me. Why do I always have to try to win the war after the battle has already been launched? Why am I always fighting from behind instead of being out in front? It's only a matter of time before I get frustrated and snap. This is true for all farmers; we're either fighting from behind or we're staying quiet because we're tired of fighting. Why can't we ever launch the first strike and get our message out first instead of always having to fight with one hand tied? Farm Bureau needs to start educating non-members and members alike, otherwise, what is our point and why are people going to continue to join? Lobbying is great and it's been very productive, but it happens behind closed doors. I'm young and I'll always be pro-farming and ag, but I get tired of fighting a battle that constantly pits me as the enemy and leaves me with no ammunition or strategy to fight back with, except be calm and react rationally. Send out some support here, you've got lots of people like me out here, who love ag with all our hearts, but we're getting tired and defeated constantly being under attack.

We have tried it their way (lobby groups/fronts) and given them big $$$ to help us and they tell us they need more

At the end of the day, If I stop shipping food out my driveway, I still have something to eat,

Its about time that the Lobby groups and  consumers realize that we can and will exist without them,

they can't exist without us the FOOD providers

Came across this today
"We need to STEP UP & take back the MORAL AUTHORITY to speak on behalf of AGRICULTURE rather than having groups like PETA take it from us"FN

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)