AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The ez guide vs greenstar debate.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dakota boy
Posted 2/22/2008 11:01 (#316609)
Subject: The ez guide vs greenstar debate.

SE SD
We had the 8230 planting with gs2 on SF2 last year and loved it so much that we ordered another one for the 8130 and planter tractor. We had looked into a ez guide 500 just for the heck of it cause the local case dealer is putting up a rtk network. To buy a 500 was the same $ as another gs2 unit, so I asked the case dealer if I could move it to one of the combines like we do with the gs2 so we can get yield and mapping and to tell what varities and stuff like that,he said yes but we would have to put in another monitor, I think an insigth?, so I laughed at him when I said we have enough monitors. So I think it is stupid when most guys say to get an 500 vs a GS2 for a John deere auto trac tractor. By the way we are going to try a 500 for our 4700 JD sprayer just so we can have a cheap unit to tell where we sprayed and then when the are done planting we will switch one of the GS2 to the sprayer. One other point to the case dealer was that I can put in the GS2 what variety was planted what was sprayed and so forth, then when we are combining we can come back and check records or varieties of what was planted where. The case dealer said we could do that also but would lol need another screen when planting and spraying, just what we wanted to hear lol another screen. I am not bashing the 500. One other ? we want to keep the planters together in the same field but I don't know any other way of running the 2 except for starting on oppostite sides of the fields and meeting in the middle, but then that will be a pin when we spray.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)