AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows on a new home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 9/28/2013 16:04 (#3353699)
Subject: Windows on a new home

Boone Co. Iowa
We are planning on building a new home. Spent the day looking at windows. Right now, choosing between Anderson 200 series and Windsor Pinnacle line. Anderson has their version of vinyl on the outside, Windsor is aluminum. I've always heard good things about Anderson, but maybe just talked to the wrong people? Our builder / general contractor seems to prefer Windsor but is interested in doing whatever we decide. I've been reading online about Martin windows (many online forums, Martin seems to have many positive comments). Our builder has mentioned a place that sells Martins so we could go take a look, but we haven't made it that far yet.

Anyone interested enough to chime in on their experiences, good or bad?

Our current home has double-hung Weathershield windows, and I think they are less than 10 years old, and I have a difficult time removing the screens in fall/spring. I have to take both windows off to remove the screen. Takes me a long time, maybe 2-3 hours each fall/spring! Maybe that is the norm?? Today at the showroom (surprise) the sales associate removed a screen in about 20 seconds. I'm not sure if it was the size of the window (much smaller), quality of material(s), or the fact that it hadn't seen 10 Iowa winters. Anyway, I was very leery of double-hung windows until today.

As far as cost, our builder priced us doing the Windsor Pinnacle line, so our "cost" is moving up or down from that line.

Edited by WeaveFarmer 9/28/2013 16:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)