AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

grantboy
Posted 7/26/2013 09:37 (#3230347)
Subject: Need some advice

West Michigan
Bought a new Valley in Dec. They shipped it in Mid April. It was about a week late then. They put it up the week after that (just the iron). I had power down to it and the water line. They waited 3 weeks to come and power it up and that was after several phone calls to get them to come out so at the min. we could do field work and plant around it. Granted the spring was wet but there was plenty of good days to get the thing wired. Note this is also a drop span machine and our first. We had the Valley dealer choose the electrician so they could work together. Seems neither really talks to each other to see what is really needed.

We then get the field planted end of May. Well is done in June. Call to ask why the pivot is still not done and they say we will be out to finish.

They come out in the 2nd week of July and put on the autoreverse on the pivot. Pivot wont go. They have messed up wiring and when I go to run around the field it gets all jacked up and they have to come out and fix wiring and align. Still cant run cause missing junction box and drop span gun wont shut off.

They come out and fix drop span gun by removing it and taking it with them and now I can water Middle of July corn is already burning up. Drop span is not ready the pivot is all as one still.

Run pivot over the weekend runs fine but they don't have it so the well is controlled by the pivot panel so I have to run out there. (this has a tracker on it *not working either)

They come out to wire up the drop span and do so. They forget to bring the endgun. Also now that we have dropped 2 spans and no endgun pressure goes from 46psi to 153psi and blows out the underground pipe.

Get the pipe fixed and wait for them to add gun and bigger orifice. That brings pressure down to 120 and no need for the booster pump.

I'm still concerned about the pressure. They say now you need a VFD for $20000.00. Thanks! my corn is burning up and I have to spend more money.

So we run the shortened pivot and let it get back to the other 2 spans and are going to hook up and run the whole thing last night. Go to hook it up and "no tools req" they leave the steer bar off and part laying on the pivot. Of course they are gone. I call the VP of the dealer and he says sorry I will air some parts in. Why was the steer bar not adjusted when you were out there????

Where do I go from here? I have had enough of these calls to the dealer and them just getting us going and not finishing the job.

Even if they get us going today we still cant shut the well off with the pivot and still have a major pressure problem.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)