AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

landlord wants to share in some cattle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 7/18/2013 18:39 (#3215900)
Subject: landlord wants to share in some cattle?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I have a new landlord that wants to share in the cattle business. This is all "assuming " we receive enough moisture to have some wheat pasture, here in southern Kansas. Last year we had none, the previous year quite a bit. Anyway, providing we have moisture and do, indeed have wheat pasture, she wants to share in the cattle we put on the wheat. Even went so far as to say she would finance the cattle purchase. Anybody have an idea or guidelines I could go by to tell her what the costs might be? We currently have adequate pens and working facilities where we can start the cattle, and get them ready for wheat pasture. We can offer all the care that is required. I just don't know what would be a fair "cost" to be associated with this endeavor. Assuming we have wheat pasture, we would normally utilize the wheat pasture ourselves. She has indicated a strong desire to be involved, even offering to fund the purchase of the cattle. Just wondering what a "fair" split would be, since we would be starting and attending to the cattle. Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)