AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

inline wrapping (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/22/2013 20:07 (#3168727)
Subject: inline wrapping (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Well, I talked with my experienced neighbor who does custom wrapping and he said he's done over 500 20-30% bales in the past few days and let's go.

Rather than patch my OD wrapped bales, even though it may have worked, I just fed him alternating grass bales and my previously OD wrapped bales and we put them in line.  My plan for feeding my Hereford cows over the winter is to put out alternate alfalfa and grass bales so that's the order we wrapped them except for the ends where we put two grass bales.

These bales are 5 x 5 since that's what he prefers to wrap.  I appreciate the suggestions below. This looks like the best approach. We had severe storms again this morning and another "toad strangler" coming through as I type this but much of the day we had strong winds that took this mornings moisture off of the OD. 

Even though the baler was set at 60" for both the grass and alfalfa, there was a slight diameter difference between the OD wrapped alfalfa and the twine tied grass bales as you can see in the tube but we put plenty of plastic on.  It will be real interesting seeing what these look like in January.

I'm going to have him wrap my oat bales which I'll cut in the next dry spell, whenever that is.

Here are a couple pics from today between downpours. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Jim

Edited by Jim 6/22/2013 22:40

(IMG_0651_inline wrapping alternate grass and alfalfa bales 062213.JPG)

(IMG_0653_inline wrapping alternate grass and alfalfa bales 062213.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0651_inline wrapping alternate grass and alfalfa bales 062213.JPG (63KB - 97 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0653_inline wrapping alternate grass and alfalfa bales 062213.JPG (66KB - 101 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)