AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interest Rate Slash - Effects?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinoisfan
Posted 1/11/2008 22:45 (#281284)
Subject: Interest Rate Slash - Effects?

In a lower post, this discussion began taking place. If the Fed cuts the rate by 50 basis points in 2 weeks, don't you think money will flow toward the beaten down stock market? The Dow has basically inversed the commodities. I am trying to figure this out, for the grain markets have never been so closely linked to other economic components. I understand the weakening dollar concept, but many good companies have been battered as of late. I get very nervous when everyone is so bullish. Don't get me wrong, I'm with the crowd, but I am very concerned of what lies ahead. Think about how easily we got to these levels since harvest. (And things generally go down a lot faster than they go up) I think the market will wait for any bad news whether it comes from the ethanol, export, or feed side, and then start its decline. I would like to be ready when it happens. As farmers, we generally tend to wait to sell on an uptick because it might go higher and wait to sell on a downtick because it we think it will come back. I can think of many times during the past 15 years when I should have sold and didn't. Unfortunately regret pokes its ugly head from time to time. There will be a great PUT opportunity. We all need to work together to figure out the timing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)