AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Largest Independent!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SCILL
Posted 6/30/2006 11:18 (#23047)
Subject: Largest Independent!

Let's see I'll plant enough 6395, 2540 or 5961 triple stack (same hybrid) to fill a barge. I will then ship that barge over to Limagrain in France. OH WAIT. I can't they don't want our GMO's. Good hybrids I agree but, I for one will not support someone that has no problem making a profit on the AMERICAN FARMER that doesn't even want the end product back that we are producing. Like it or not I do and will continue to support AMERICAN COMPANIES.

Clipping from the Journal of Agrobiotechnology Management & Economics

Limagrain's Innovation Strategy

Top managers at Limagrain also consider the lack of any clear vision for the future of European agriculture, both by the general public and the European government, to be a major constraint in the development of biotechnology products. Key questions need to be addressed in order to articulate such a vision of agriculture. Should Europe recover its self-sufficiency in plant proteins? Should it increase its capacity to export plant and animal proteins? What is the future of the agricultural sector if the will is lacking to expand production? At present, such a vision is missing. In this context, technical progress brought about by GMOs is unlikely to be valued.

I think the last sentence says it all!

We want your money but not your grain!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)