AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Conococheague Creek In Flood
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Kingbaby
Posted 6/30/2006 10:21 (#23035)
Subject: The Conococheague Creek In Flood

Greencastle, Pa.
I wanted to get these photos up a day or two ago but we recived 20,000 turkey polts Tue. Eve in the pouring rain and have been "kinda" living with them. [any one that has ever raised turkeys knows they arn't to bright]
We live in Sourthern Franklin Co. Pa. along the Conococheague Creek and were kind of in the middle of the storm that hit the North East on the 23rd. through the 27th. The worst was on the 27th. In the photos the first one [all were taken at about 4:30 Pm on the 27th.] is on the North side of the road [Guitner Rd.] the water in that field was over four ft. deep [11ac. field of corn] Second photo is on the South side of road, not all the way under water yet because road and bridge are holding water back. Was under water by dark! Third photo is South side of bridge. Normal water level is about 16ft. from bridge deck.As you can see in the photo it's no more than about three ft. ,so about 13ft in flood. Fourth photo is of a County Rd. along East side of creek. In the background is a "orange marker stake" that is six ft tall,only about a ft and a half is showing above the water. Fifth photo is showing the same road at it's South end. This is the worst flood in this area since Agnes on June 23,1972 Thirty-Four Years and four days ago! It was raining on my 29th. burthday then and again on my 63rd. birthday now!
"Kingbaby"

Edited by Kingbaby 6/30/2006 14:16

(Picture 003.jpg)

(Picture 007.jpg)

(Picture 014.jpg)

(Picture 009.jpg)

(Picture 015.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Picture 003.jpg (30KB - 533 downloads)
Attachments Picture 007.jpg (38KB - 535 downloads)
Attachments Picture 014.jpg (86KB - 512 downloads)
Attachments Picture 009.jpg (79KB - 536 downloads)
Attachments Picture 015.jpg (68KB - 552 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)