AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

" SKIPPER "
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

RiverRat
Posted 4/22/2013 23:57 (#3056322)
Subject: " SKIPPER "

northeast mo shelbina
My Dad Donnie Poore {Skipper}, on Saturday April 20th 2013 was working on an overhead door in the shop and fell approximately 7 to 8 feet off of a ladder. He sustained a massive head injury and was air lifted to University Hospital in Columbia where he underwent surgery. He could not overcome the injury and He passed away on Sunday April 21st 2013.
I was so very blessed to have had the opportunity to work side by side with my Dad. In the past year as we worked together I had on more than one occasion paused to tell him that I enjoyed working with him and that I loved him. After the last few days events I am so grateful that I took the time to tell him.
He was the hardest worker I knew, but would quit in the middle of whatever he might be doing to help a friend, a neighbor or anybody for that matter. He was a great husband, Dad, father in law, grandfather, mentor and friend. He will be missed by his family and his entire community. He loved ag talk and communicating his views and opinions with his fellow farmers.
His visitation will be Wednesday April 24th 2013 from 4-8 at the Greening Eagan Hays Funeral Home in Shelbina MO and funeral services celebrating his life will be Thursday April 25th 2013 at the First Baptist Church Shelbina at 11 am.
Love you and miss you Dad. I will meet you in heaven when I get there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)