AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

health care future changes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

L SEIA
Posted 4/21/2013 17:57 (#3053009)
Subject: health care future changes

south east iowa
Since it is too wet to work in the field I have been studying the changes coming forth on health care for 2014. If what I am reading is correct? again if? It looks to me that the idea of sending the wife to work to provide health care for the family may be a thing of the past. It looks as if the administration has ruled that the employer only has to provide for the employee, not the spouse or dependents. I have used web search engines to come up with articles. Articles like in "Obamacare .net" and other sources. I think the are reputable sources? Another article states that the employer will need to offer insurance to dependents in 2015, but not the spouse. If this is correct then the spouse will need to buy a stand alone policy and will not qualify for the state run exchange. So much of this gets complicated when you file jointly on your taxes as to how you qualify for insurance. It looks to me a person is going to want to have a plan of attack in place next December as to how to file and what to do for insurance. I am not trying to make this political, just a discussion of how to make plans for the future.

So, can anyone correct me? Have current articles to show otherwise?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)