AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tripp Lite, great company
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 4/21/2013 12:23 (#3052375)
Subject: Tripp Lite, great company

East central Iowa

We got hit by lightening the other day when one of those thunderstroms roared through.  I usually unplug the phone lines and the DSL lines but don't worry about anything else. 

It seems our phones always get hit.

I have them protected by a Tripp Lite Surge Suppressor and every time I don't get them unplugged and they get hit the Tripp Lite Suppressor saves the phone but it dies.

I call the company and tell them and they ask me if anything else got hurt because if the microwave or something was hit they'd replace it.  As it happens only the little fuse in the surge suppressor get blown but it's not replaceable.  So they send me a new one and they do it fast.

Not much in the way of proof or anything.  They just ask for the part # and serial number.  A day later my new one showed up and it was a newer better model.

I've had this happen about 3 times and I can't say enough good about the company.

Unfortunately my compute TV tuner got hit because I had no protection on it.  Now I'm hoping the card I ordered will be the same.  I have a Hauppauge 1600 card that fits in a PCI slot.  They are hard to find as new stuff goes in PCIe slots.

The computer, monitor, scanner and printer/scanner are all hooked into batter backups.  I guess I'll have to get a device to protect the TV tuner too.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)